In 2021-22, our Membership offer spans five interconnected themes. Find out more and explore our exciting plans for the coming year.
QAA Membership provides vision, expertise and guidance on the topics that matter to staff and students. More than 275 UK higher education providers have chosen to be QAA Members.
We work in partnership with, and for, our members to deliver high-quality services that:
- secure UK higher education’s global reputation for excellence
- safeguard academic standards and champion academic integrity
- enhance the quality of the student learning experience, wherever students are studying.
What our members value most about QAA Membership
We are committed to working in partnership with our members to provide support and constructive challenge, ensuring students have a high quality experience wherever they are studying. In this short video, we share some highlights from recent feedback we received from our members.
Our Membership structure
Our Membership offer is structured into a Core package and two additional enhancement services - Quality Insights and International Insights.
Features of Membership
QAA works across the UK to secure academic standards and assure quality. In partnership with universities, colleges, specialist institutions and independent providers in each nation - and informed by our strong international links and horizon scanning - we devise and deliver imaginative, timely and responsive enhancement activities designed to ensure you and your students are well equipped to face the opportunities and challenges of a rapidly changing higher education environment.
- Insights and influence - keeping you informed and offering opportunities to shape strategy, policy and practice at sector, institutional and subject level.
- Practical resources - ensuring you have the right information and tools at your fingertips, in a range of imaginative and accessible formats.
- Events and workshops - providing opportunities to develop and exchange ideas on the latest policy and practice.
- Professional development - building capacity, providing opportunities for continuing professional development and enabling participants to extend their knowledge and skills.
- Networking and engagement - leading debate and facilitating discussion tailored to your role and organisational context.
All staff and students at QAA Member institutions can benefit from support and constructive challenge.
- Academic staff and academic developers
- Senior leadership teams
- International teams
- Quality teams and other professional services staff
- Students and their representatives
- Staff responsible for student engagement.
Membership across the UK
In England, membership of QAA is voluntary, and our work to enhance quality and protect standards in England is funded solely through membership fees.
Institutions in Northern Ireland, Scotland and Wales benefit from access to all areas of membership as part of the agreements with the sector, funders and regulators in their devolved administrations.
Visit the relevant page for more information about membership in each nation.
If you would like to discuss QAA Membership, contact our dedicated Membership Team. We are always happy to help.