Who is this service for?
Our Targeted Quality and Standards Service is intended for providers in England* wanting to commission an external assessment relating to a specific quality and standards matter. It can also offer a focused review to enhance existing approaches.
This service includes access to QAA experts with experience of assessments under the regulatory requirements in England and other well-known sector reference points. It is designed to be flexible and agile, and is tailored to the needs of your provider.
For example, it can look at a single programme or subject area, or more broadly across a range. We ensure that we select the most appropriate reference points and benchmarks for the areas of focus.
Watch our video for full details
The first stage is a Diagnostic Analysis, where our experienced quality experts undertake a scoping exercise and analyse your areas of concern. This is followed by Development Plan Support - to develop and implement an effective action plan, and Post-Implementation Support - to review your progress against that plan and make any further adjustments.
- Access to QAA experts with experience of a range of different types of quality and standards assessments in England in relation to regulatory reference points and other key sector reference points.
- Detailed, robust and skilled analysis of areas of focus, identifying strengths, weaknesses and opportunities.
- A tailored approach to suit your specific needs.
- Comprehensive written reports, with clear recommendations and next steps.
Our modular approach
This service consists of up to three modules and you can expect the following.
For providers on the OfS Register wanting an external assessment in relation to quality and standards matters. This may relate to a weakness or potential risk identiﬁed externally or internally, or can be used to develop and enhance existing approaches beyond baseline expectations.
- Focused scoping discussion with a QAA expert to understand and identify individual requirements.
- Thorough diagnostic analysis of key areas of concern, risk and potential improvement.
- Detailed written report with recommendations and next steps.
Development Plan Support
For providers requiring support to develop an action plan based on the outcome of the Diagnostic Analysis.
- Support to design and implement a development plan in response to the Diagnostic Analysis.
- Specialist advice and guidance on speciﬁc reference points.
- Guidance in relation to suitable resource to achieve the development plan.
For providers requiring additional support to review progress against their development plan and identify forward planning.
- Review of progress against the development plan.
- Written report identifying completed areas, levels of success, and where work is still outstanding.
- Options to further develop the plan, if required.
To find out more about what’s included, and to register your interest, contact our dedicated QAA Team who will be happy to help.
*This service is designed for providers who are, or intend to become, a higher education provider registered in England. QAA cannot provide this service for providers based in the other nations of the UK, as this would conﬂict with QAA’s existing role to provide formal assessments in those nations.