Other ways to get involved in Access to HE
Our Recognition Scheme requires Access Validating Agencies (AVAs) to involve staff working in higher education in the development, approval and monitoring of Access to HE Diplomas to ensure that all Access to HE courses are fit for purpose.
Higher education staff are therefore involved in Access to HE in a range of ways, such as:
- recruitment and widening participation activity for Access to HE students
- advising on course content when a new Access to HE Diploma is being developed
- taking part in the validation of Access to HE Diplomas
- acting as moderators for local Access to HE courses
- serving on Access Validating Agencies' committees.
If you are interested in being involved in Access to HE in any of these ways, contact your local Access Validating Agency, or contact the Access to HE team at QAA for advice.