QAA Membership gives you confidence through working in partnership with the UK’s independent higher education quality assurance agency; a global leader in quality assurance and enhancement. Through our work for, and with, our Members, QAA Membership provides:
- solutions to sector-wide quality-related issues
- opportunities to share effective practice, knowledge and insight through access to global and UK-wide quality expertise
- support for co-regulation through the collective UK-wide academic architecture
- a collective voice in international strategic engagement, shaping the views of overseas agencies and governments on the quality of UK higher education providers to facilitate the development of transnational education (TNE)
- access to a growing range of exclusive services which are designed to support you in assuring standards and achieving the highest academic experience for your students.
QAA Membership provides all those with a role/interest in quality assurance and enhancement with access to a growing range of exclusive services. This includes strategic institutional leaders, quality professionals, academics, staff managing international partnerships, and students.
Types of membership
Available to all UK higher education providers and includes access to the full range of services.
Membership for small providers
We are proposing to introduce Membership for small providers and will consult on this in the new year.
Designed for UK higher education providers with less than 1,000 HE students. It includes support for quality enhancement through our Quality Insights programme, leadership and support for engaging students in quality assurance and enhancement, access to QAA’s work in the development and sharing of solutions to sector-wide quality-related issues, and the development and promotion of the Access to HE Diploma.
Membership for small providers will not include:
- access to global networks, the International Insights programme and other international activities
- participation in collaborative programmes
- engagement to influence co-regulation of HE policy.
Become a member
In 2018-19, we are moving to a membership model because we believe that this better represents the relationship we have with UK higher education providers and the benefits of our current subscription offer.
- Universities and colleges in Wales are members of QAA through their annual subscription, as required by the external quality framework for higher education and further education providers in Wales.
- Universities and higher education institutions in Scotland are members of QAA through their annual subscription.
- Universities in Northern Ireland are members of QAA through their annual subscription.
- Universities and colleges in England are currently members of QAA through their 2018-19 subscription and can continue to be so through their annual membership fee.
If you are not currently a subscriber to QAA then you can apply for Membership now.
Please give us a call on 01452 557028 or email us to express your interest in becoming a QAA Member.
More information on fees will be available in March 2019. If you would like to know more, please call us 01452 557028 or send us an email.