International Quality Review is designed to analyse and reflect on non-UK providers’ approaches to quality assurance. It challenges and benchmarks existing processes against the European Standards and Guidelines (ESG) and helps to drive improvement and excellence.
To be eligible for the IQR your institution will need to demonstrate to QAA that it meets the following criteria:
- Your institution is registered, or otherwise appropriately recognised, as a higher education provider by the national quality assurance authority or other relevant agency or ministry of the country or countries in which you are located.
- Your institution has informed the national quality assurance authority or other relevant agency or ministry of your intention to request an IQR before application (if relevant).
- You have been operational for a minimum of three years at the time of application.
- You have recruited a minimum of three cohorts of higher education students, at least one of which has graduated.
- Your institution is financially viable and sustainable.
- You have the legal right to use the infrastructure, main facilities and resources of the premises in which you deliver higher education.
- A significant amount of the provision your institution offers can be regarded as higher education, both in terms of student headcount and percentage of provision.
In order to take part in IQR, your institution will need to guarantee, at the application stage, that the review process can be conducted in the English language.
Benefits of IQR
IQR enables your institution to demonstrate that your quality assurance systems meet international standards. A successful review results in accreditation by QAA, providing trust and confidence for your students and international partners. IQR provides opportunities to:
- Demonstrate effective quality assurance measured against international benchmarks
- Strengthen your global positioning
- Drive improvement and excellence
- Develop partnerships with UK institutions
- Use the QAA Global accreditation logo on your website and marketing material.
Find out more
Read our introduction to International Quality Review for more information. You can also watch our IQR animation or attend a free webinar.
Our IQR animation is also available with subtitles in Arabic, Chinese and French.
مقدمة لمراجعة الجودة الدولية (An Introduction to IQR w. Arabic subtitles)
国际质量评审概论 (An Introduction to IQR w. Chinese subtitles)
Une présentation du contrôle qualité international (An Introduction to IQR w. French subtitles)
IQR was a phenomenal learning experience for the improvement of our university’s processes. QAA supported and guided us at every stage. When our team had doubts, QAA helped us promptly to make us clear on our preparations and submission.