The Committee is concerned with applications for degree awarding powers and university titles from providers in Scotland, Wales and Northern Ireland.
The Committee will comprise 16 members, to include:
- the Chair
- a second QAA Board member (the Vice-Chair)
- two members to be nominated by the QAA Scottish Strategic Advisory Committee
- two members to be nominated by the QAA Welsh Strategic Advisory Committee
- two members appointed from the QAA Student Strategic Advisory Committee (SSAC) who are not also members of the QAA Board
- up to four members with current or recent (within the last two years) UK degree awarding powers experience at a strategic level, and/or having senior-level responsibility for areas covered by the criteria governing the grant of degree awarding powers or university title, or with experience in a higher education provider in Scotland, Wales and Northern Ireland without degree awarding powers
- two members providing an employer of graduates or professional body perspective • one member without degree awarding powers
- one member from a further education provider.
The Committee invites observers from the following, as appropriate:
- Scottish Government, Directorate for Advanced Learning and Science
- Northern Ireland, Department for the Economy
- Welsh Government, Department for Education and Skills.
The Committee may invite observers to provide oral updates on relevant matters at each meeting.
- Chair, independent QAA Board Member * - Dr Vanessa Davies, Former Director General, Bar Standards Board (retired)
- Dr Ernest Caldwell, Senior Lecturer in Chinese Studies and Associate Director for Learning and Teaching, SOAS University of London
- Professor Ian Dunn, Provost, Coventry University
- Professor Tina Harrison, Assistant Principal, Academic Standards and Quality Assurance, University of Edinburgh
- Professor Neal Juster, Deputy Vice-Chancellor, University of Lincoln
- Professor Jackie Labbe, Deputy Vice-Chancellor, University of Gloucestershire
- Ms Leonie Milliner, Director of Education and Deputy Chief Executive Officer, General Optical Council
- Professor Clare Peddie, Vice Principal Education, University of St Andrews
- Nicola Poole, Head of Quality and Academic Services, University of South Wales
- Ms Clare Viney, Chief Executive Officer, The Careers Research and Advisory Centre
- Ms Emma Williams, Secretary and Registrar, Glasgow School of Art
*The Committee is chaired by an independent QAA Board member.