Members can access materials relating to this area of work on our Membership Resources Site.
Our work in this area is designed to support members in the planning and delivery of higher vocational education, highlighting the importance of work-based learning in meeting future needs of the economy.
Resources provide members with more information about higher education in apprenticeships, focusing on opportunities and challenges associated with their delivery.
Access Member resources
We hold a series of webinars for members to raise challenges and identify opportunities associated with the delivery of work-based learning and apprenticeships. A range of materials from these events are available via the Membership Resources site including:
- Exploring the ASET Guidelines for Work-Based and Placement Learning
- Higher Education in apprenticeships – a policy update
- Diving deep into Higher Education Apprenticeships - a framework for intent, implementation, impact and improvement
- Higher Education in apprenticeships - pedagogy, quality, and impact
Providers work closely with organisations outside the sector to give students authentic, structured opportunities for learning in a workplace setting. A set of case studies share the experiences of member institutions in areas including:
- A work-based learning framework to support employer productivity and build a high-quality apprentice journey
- Embedding professional practice
- A new relationship - responding to employer complaints
Higher education in apprenticeships
These resources are designed to provide members with more information about higher education in apprenticeships in the UK, focusing on oversight and quality and standards.
- Higher education in apprenticeships - UK overview
- Event summary: Higher education in apprenticeships
- Case study: Oversight of degree apprenticeships
Characteristics Statement for Higher Education in Apprenticeships
We are currently revising the existing Characteristics Statement for Higher Education in Apprenticeships.
Collaborative Enhancement Projects
We are supporting a number of Collaborative Enhancement Projects which are developing further insights and outputs for members related to apprenticeships.
Our PSRB Forums support regular engagement between professional, statutory and regulatory bodies (PSRBs) and our members. They discuss current topics and develop understanding of the different perspectives and requirements for students to complete accredited courses and move into the professions.