The Committee is concerned with applications for degree awarding powers and university titles from providers in Scotland, Wales and Northern Ireland.
The Committee's membership comprises of:
- the Chair
- two Board members
- six members with current or recent (within the last two years) UK degree awarding powers experience at a strategic level, and/or having senior level responsibility for areas covered by the criteria governing the grant of degree awarding powers or university title
- one member with experience in a higher education provider in England without degree awarding powers
- two members providing an employer of graduates or professional body perspective
- one member from an English further education provider
- one student member, or otherwise representing or promoting the interests of students
- one member with experience of encouraging competition in industry or another sector of society
- members co-opted by QAA Board
Members (between them) also have experience in research into science, technology, humanities or new ideas.
In addition, ACDAP invites observers from the following, as appropriate:
- the UK Department for Education
- the Office for Students
- Scottish Government, Directorate for Advanced Learning and Science
- Northern Ireland, Department for the Economy
- Welsh Government, Department for Education and Skills
- UK higher education funding bodies.
The QAA Chief Executive and QAA Director Quality Assessment, England attend ex officio.
- Chair, independent QAA Board Member * - Dr Vanessa Davies, Former Director General, Bar Standards Board (retired)
- Dr Ernest Caldwell, Senior Lecturer in Chinese Studies and Associate Director for Learning and Teaching, SOAS University of London
- Ms Nina Culpric, Vice-President Education, University of Derby Union of Students
- Mr Damian Day, Head of Education & Quality Assurance, UK, General Pharmaceutical Council
- Professor Ian Dunn, Provost, Coventry University
- Mr Charles Hunt, Vice-Chancellor, University College of Osteopathy
- Professor Neal Juster, Deputy Vice-Chancellor, University of Lincoln
- Professor Jackie Labbe, Deputy Vice-Chancellor, University of Gloucestershire
- Professor Simon Macklin, Pro-Vice-Chancellor (Portfolio Development and Global Engagement), University for the Creative Arts
- Ms Leonie Milliner, Director of Education and Deputy Chief Executive Officer, General Optical Council
- Ms Clare Viney, Chief Executive Officer, The Careers Research and Advisory Centre
- Dr Nicola Watchman-Smith, Deputy Director Student Learning, Teesside University
- Dr Harry Williams, Postdoctoral Researcher, Bernhard Nocht Institute for Tropical Medicine
- Professor Philip Wilson, Chief Executive, College of Esports
- Dr Steve Wright, Director of Academic Standards, Nelson and Colne College
*The Committee is chaired by an independent QAA Board member for assessments made under the Office for Students’ Regulatory Framework.