We are funded through a number of channels:
- membership fees from higher education providers
- contracts and agreements with the UK funding councils and organisations to which QAA reports annually
- private contracts, consultancy and business development work in the UK and internationally
- statutory fees from providers for work on behalf of the regulator in England
- fees and maintenance charges paid by providers of higher education seeking educational oversight for immigration purposes as required by the Home Office.
Our Board is responsible for the conduct of our finances, and for monitoring our performance against agreed targets at a corporate level.
We are accountable to our members and to a wide range of other stakeholders and partners. We aim to use our resources to good effect and to conduct our work with integrity and impartiality, providing information and advice that is authoritative and dependable.