Quality Insights Conference 2024
|Date:||February 22 to February 23 - 2024|
Call for submissions
QAA’s flagship Quality Insights Conference will take place online on Thursday 22 and Friday 23 February 2024. You are invited to submit a session proposal in response to one of the following conference topics:
- Impact of generative artificial intelligence (AI) on the nature of the student learning experience and the value of awards - bringing in positive influences of AI as well as authenticating assessments and promoting academic integrity.
- Creative pedagogies and educational gain - considering the development of student competencies through person-centered pedagogies such as phenomenon-based learning, gamification, active learning or competency-based education.
- Using evidence and data to underpin decision making about the quality of the student learning experience - including how data is used in periodic quality processes as well as the use of evidence to prioritise and evaluate specific interventions or initiatives.
- Ensuring quality in collaborative partnerships - including validated or franchised provision delivered in the UK and transnational education.
- Supporting successful student transitions - covering innovative approaches to pre-arrival and induction, understanding and responding to student expectations from their learning experience, and enhancing student retention and progression.
We particularly welcome proposals from students or those which include the student voice.
Your proposal might involve sharing insights arising from an example of good practice or work in progress. We especially encourage proposals for discussion starters, aimed at engaging the audience.
Your session should follow one of two formats:
- 15-minute breakout presentation plus 15-minute Q&A
Ideal for a deep dive on a given topic and/or example of practice. We encourage interactivity as well as the inclusion of student voice. You will be paired with another presentation focused on a similar topic and/or approach to promote discussion and audience participation.
- 10-minute lightning talk
Short, snappy and thought provoking, lightning talk sessions are designed to be more conversational, focused around sharing one or two key messages only. They do not require slides, although you can include short prompts or visual aids to support your talk if you wish. Your talk will be paired with two other lightning talks focused on a related topic and/or approach, with extra time allocated for a brief Q&A with all speakers.
Explore examples of breakout presentations and lightning talks from Quality Insights Conference 2023.
How do I submit a proposal?
Please complete the Quality Insights Conference submission form and follow the submission guidelines. We look forward to reading your submission and seeing you at the conference.
What happens after I submit a proposal?
You will receive a confirmation email within 24 hours of submitting your session proposal. All submissions will be reviewed shortly after the closing date, and we will notify you if your proposal has been accepted for the conference.