The ARLC is responsible for the operation and development of the Recognition Scheme for Access to Higher Education. Members include further and higher education representatives. This committee meets three times per year and is chaired by a member of our Board.
- 11 November 2019
- 27 March 2020
- 15 July 2020
The Committee's membership is representative of the different types of organisations that deliver Access to HE courses and institutions that receive Access to HE students. Members will jointly hold the required knowledge and expertise. This will include knowledge of the operation of AVAs, to enable the Committee to carry out its remit effectively. Current AVA officers and permanent employees of AVAs are not eligible to serve on the ARLC.
The Committee shall normally comprise eleven members, with a possible further two by co-option. Membership shall include:
- two Board members
- three members from the higher education sector with appropriate experience and an understanding of Access to HE, at least one of whom should be a senior manager of an institution receiving Access to HE students
- three members from the further education sector with appropriate experience and an understanding of Access to HE, at least one of whom should be a senior manager an organisation providing Access to HE courses
- two other members with appropriate experience for the work of the Committee, who may come from further or higher education or who may have other experience which is relevant to the work of the Committee
- one student member who graduated with an Access to HE Diploma and is currently studying in higher education.
- Professor Denise McAlister (Chair), Pro-Vice Chancellor (Teaching & Learning), University of Ulster
- Ann Baxter, Director of Higher Education, Newcastle College Group
- Dr Gordon Dent, Director of Admissions, University of Keele
- Fiona Fisk, Academic Registrar, University of Suffolk
- Claire Foster, Deputy Principal, Grimsby College
- Diane Glautier, Director of Collaborative Academic Partnerships, Staffordshire University
- Vijaya Lakjshmi-Beard, Student, Birmingham City University
- Dr Mark Nason, Cornwall College
- Ben Rockliffe, DfE
- Robin Webber-Jones, Vice Principal, The Sheffield College