The ARLC is responsible for the operation and development of the Recognition Scheme for Access to Higher Education. Members include further and higher education representatives. This committee meets three times per year and is chaired by a member of our Board.
- 5 April 2022
- 21 July 2022
Hear from a former ARLC student member about their experience on the committee
The Committee's membership is representative of the different types of organisations that deliver Access to HE courses and institutions that receive Access to HE students. Members will jointly hold the required knowledge and expertise. This will include knowledge of the operation of AVAs, to enable the Committee to carry out its remit effectively. Current AVA officers and permanent employees of AVAs are not eligible to serve on the ARLC.
The Committee shall normally comprise eleven members, with a possible further two by co-option. Membership shall include:
- two Board members
- three members from the higher education sector with appropriate experience and an understanding of Access to HE, at least one of whom should be a senior manager of an institution receiving Access to HE students
- three members from the further education sector with appropriate experience and an understanding of Access to HE, at least one of whom should be a senior manager an organisation providing Access to HE courses
- two other members with appropriate experience for the work of the Committee, who may come from further or higher education or who may have other experience which is relevant to the work of the Committee
- one student member who graduated with an Access to HE Diploma and is currently studying in higher education.
- Angela Joyce, Chief Executive Officer, Warwickshire College Group
- Dr Roger Dalrymple, Associate Dean for Student Outcomes, Oxford Brookes University
- Dr John Deane, Assistant Dean Quality Assurance and Enhancement with University of Wales Trinity St David
- Fiona Fisk, Academic Registrar, University of Suffolk
- Claire Foster, Principal, Boston College
- Diane Glautier, Director of Collaborative Academic Partnerships, Staffordshire University
- Romit Laud, Student, Durham University
- Dr Elizabeth Mason, Bangor University
- Dr Mark Nason, Cornwall College
- Ben Rockliffe, DfE
- Robin Webber-Jones, Vice Principal, The Sheffield College