Members can access materials relating to this area of work on our Membership Resources Site.
Key transition points for students include entering higher education, moving between years or levels of study and progressing into employment. These are exciting times, but they can also be challenging for students and those who support them.
Our resources offer thought-provoking insights and practical tools to help staff in student-facing roles, as well as materials designed to be used by students themselves.
Supporting successful student transitions
Our supporting successful student transitions project offers members positive approaches and practical solutions to help support a range of transitions, such as moving into higher education for the first time or returning to university.
We also have a public collection of transitions-related blogs, resources and activities from across QAA for you to explore.
Case studies and presentations
As well as this distinct project, other resources are available covering flexible pathways and transitions including webinar presentations and case studies.
- Spotlight on: Bridging the HE and FE divide through collaborative working
- Case study: Supporting student transitions - working with students' unions
- Case study: Supporting student transitions: Cardiff Metropolitan Students' Union's TiTo project
- Presentation: Flexible student pathways - which way next?
- Presentation: Virtual induction: Where space, not place, matters - three perspectives
- Presentation: Supporting student transitions - the impact of student recruitment on student experience
- Presentation: Supporting student transitions - working with students’ unions
We have a range of materials including presentations, briefings and blogs designed to support members to develop their thinking and practices in relation to modular qualifications. A number of our Collaborative Enhancement Projects are also developing outputs in this area.