In Scotland, we encourage students to take an active role in shaping the quality of their education. This is an important element of the Quality Enhancement Framework (QEF). There are many ways to encourage effective engagement from students, including:
- every Enhancement-led Institutional Review (ELIR) team includes a student member. This supports the review process and provides an emphasis on the student perspective
- student representation at every level in their institutions
- students take part in Institutional-led Reviews
- effective support for student representation through appropriate training, usually provided by the institution. Sector agencies like sparqs (student partnership in quality Scotland) also provide support and development for institutions and students
- information on the student experience through national, institutional and longitudinal student experience surveys.