QAA Scotland’s international enhancement conference - call for proposals now open!
|Date:||August 20 - 2019|
QAA Scotland is delighted to announce our call for proposal is now open. We are seeking high quality contributions to our parallel session programme which will be a key feature of our exciting two day event.
‘Beyond measure? Exploring what counts in higher education’ will take place on 3-4 June 2020, at the Radisson Blu Hotel in Glasgow.
The conference will invite delegates to consider four questions around evidence, data, and the potential for greater partnership working with students:
- How can we use evidence to support decision-making?
- What counts as valid evidence?
- How can we ensure we are working in partnership with students?
- How can we ensure that we are using evidence ethically?
Plenary sessions, papers, workshops and 'In Conversation' sessions will allow delegates to explore five key conference strands:
- Understanding student demographics, retention, progression and success
- Using big data to enhance learning and teaching and the student experience
- Creating and valuing evidence beyond numbers
- Empowering staff and students to use evidence
- Supporting employability and the development of graduate skills.
Parallel session proposals
What are we looking for? Do you have good practice to share on any of the key strands? Have you been undertaking work linked to the current Enhancement Theme?
Whether it’s strategy, policy or practice-based, we encourage you to submit a proposal for a parallel session to share your work. These sessions will allow you to share the positive impact of your practice and engage in discussion about its wider application both within your institution and more.
Visit our conference page to learn more about submission guidelines and timeline – and, of course, make sure the dates are in your diary.
The deadline for submissions is Friday 25th October 2019.
We look forward to receiving your submission.