Have your say on the Access to HE Diploma Specification: Consultation now open
|Date:||November 1 - 2022|
QAA is inviting contributions to a sector-wide consultation on proposed changes to the Access to Higher Education Diploma Specification. The consultation is carried out in our capacity overseeing the QAA Recognition Scheme for assuring the quality and adequacy of standards of student achievements, on all Access to HE Diplomas.
The consultation document sets out proposed changes and seeks views on the unit size and configuration, Diploma titles and content for the Access to HE Diploma.
It is open to anyone who wishes to make a response; however, it may be of particular interest to:
- colleges and training providers (and their representative bodies) who either currently, or in the future wish to, deliver the Access to HE Diploma
- students (and their representative bodies)
- higher education and further education providers (and their representative bodies) who accept Access to HE Diploma students onto courses at Level 4 or above
- Access Validating Agencies (and their representative bodies)
- funding bodies
- professional, statutory and regulatory bodies
The consultation is open from Tuesday 1 November 2022 and will close on Tuesday 13 December 2022 at 23.59. The consultation document outlining QAA's proposals can be found below; please respond to the consultation via the online survey.
We will be arranging roundtable events for the following groups to facilitate questions and discussions about the proposals:
- university admissions staff
If you would like QAA to set up such an event for a particular sectoral group, we would be pleased to do so. Please contact us via firstname.lastname@example.org