Highlights of the Membership year so far
We are committed to working in partnership with our members to provide support and constructive challenge, ensuring students have a high quality experience wherever they are studying.
We engage with governments and agencies to influence policy and build strong international relationships, enhancing UK higher education’s global reputation for excellence.
We are delighted by the level of engagement and feedback we have received from members and wanted to share our what we have achieved together so far in 2020-21.
Our summary provides key information about the highlights of the membership year so far. Full details about our different areas of membership work are presented in the sections below, along with testimonials from our members.
Find out more about what we are delivering
Find out about our full suite of activities, how our members are engaging with our work and what we are achieving together.
- COVID-19 - Working with and for our members to maintain standards and quality during the pandemic.
- Global engagement and influencing - Engaging with governments and partners to enhance UK higher education’s global reputation for excellence.
- Policy and Campaigning - Working proactively with UK governments and sector bodies to influence policy and promote a shared understanding of quality standards.
- Collaboration - Collaborating with our members to create advice, guidance and positive solutions to address current challenges and opportunities
- Thought Leadership - Providing thought leadership in relation to contemporary challenges
- Protecting Standards and Enhancing Quality - Working with our members to secure academic standards and quality
- Engaging Students in Quality - Supporting student representatives to engage meaningfully in the quality processes at their provider through our collaborative working with students’ unions, student representative bodies, and higher education staff and students.
- Risk-Based and Data Led Quality Assurance - Identifying effective practice in using data to improve the student experience, evidence outcomes and inform risk-based monitoring
- Academic Integrity - Campaigning to combat essay mills and other threats to academic integrity.
- International - Engaging and influencing governments, agencies and institutions to benefit the international reputation of UK higher education, advancing the UK ‘s leadership of global quality assurance and enhancement.
- Networking, engagement and building capacity
What do our members say?
We are delighted to feature short videos from QAA Members sharing, in their own words, what QAA Membership has meant to them in their roles. You can find these testimonials throughout our webpages with the first four videos here highlighting the benefits of QAA Membership to institutions and the sector as a whole.