Effective student engagement in quality has never been more important, given the speed of change due to COVID-19 and the long-term implications for current and prospective students.
Linked to our work supporting COVID-19 recovery, we have worked extensively to engage students and focus on their needs. We have provided specific resources for students, student representatives and staff involved in student engagement, with a particular focus on the implications for student transitions.
We aim to prepare and support student representatives and sabbatical officers to engage meaningfully in the quality assurance and enhancement processes in their providers.
What do our members say?
Specific activities and resources this year include:
- a quarterly newsletter focusing specifically on student engagement
- resources to inform students and student representatives of current concepts of quality and standards
- two conferences to support those involved in student engagement in quality including staff, students’ unions, sabbatical officers, and student representatives - Quality Matters and Evolving Student Engagement
- opportunities for networking and building communities of practitioners
- a practical toolkit to support students’ unions to evaluate and demonstrate the impact of their student engagement projects and initiatives which will be published in late 2021 following consultation with members
- a webinar series to provide insight and guidance, and to facilitate sharing members’ innovations and enhancement.