Fundamental to membership is the work we do with our members to safeguard academic standards across UK higher education.
To achieve this, we:
- work proactively with government, UKSCQA and other agencies to ensure that key issues are understood and embedded in new policy initiatives and other developments
- work to keep the UK Quality Code for Higher Education and other sector reference points relevant
- collaborate to produce guidance that provides solutions to current challenges and opportunities for innovation
- provide thought leadership on standards and quality to support responses to contemporary challenges.
What do our members say?
In this membership year, we are focusing on the following areas.
- Maintaining UK standards and frameworks through:
- updating the Higher Education Credit Framework for England
- updating and developing key Subject Benchmark Statements in line with sector priorities
- supporting webinars, training and resources.
- Developing new guidance and supporting resources on Education for Sustainable Development.
- Safeguarding degree standards through support for members on degree classification, degree algorithms and degree outcome statements.
- Considering the use of micro-credentials in higher education, including the implications for the development of the Credit Framework in England, and addressing issues around recognition of prior learning and academic integrity.
- Providing support around maintaining quality in a digital environment.
- Sharing QAA’s expert voice on quality and standards - through the media, and UK-wide and international forums.
- Responding to consultations and inquiries on quality and standards-related issues, and other liaison with governments, government committees, regulators, funding bodies and international bodies.