Impacts of changes in the leadership of enhancement - Call for Expression of interest
The Quality Assurance Agency (QAA) invites expressions of interest undertaking research to identify the nature and impacts of changes in the academic leadership of the strategic approach to enhancement in the Scottish higher education institutions (HEIs).
About this project
The aim of this project is to identify the effects of different models and approaches to academic leadership of enhancement in order to inform SHEEC’s oversight of enhancement activity at the sector level. It is anticipated that this, in turn, will help to ensure we are working in a way that is most likely to gain maximum benefit for the sector as a whole. The project will run from January to July 2019 and the work will focus on three areas:
- identifying the changes in institutional leadership of learning and teaching enhancement from 2003 to now
- identifying the range of models and approaches currently in place, drawing out their similarities and differences
- identifying the key external and internal drivers for changes in leadership practice over time, which would include:
- understanding the impact of external changes (government and public policy landscape, for example the Teaching Excellence Framework (TEF) and subject/discipline specific changes initiated by professional, regulatory and statutory bodies (PSRBs)
- understanding how organisational changes within institutions impact on learning and teaching leadership.
Full details including information about QAA, the project requirements and how to apply are set out in the expressions of interest application pack. The deadline to apply is 12:00 GMT on 11 January 2019.
Please email completed application forms to ARCadmin@qaa.ac.uk using the subject line: Impacts of changes in the academic leadership of enhancement within the Scottish higher education institutions.