UK institutions are responsible for the academic standards of their awards, whether delivered inside or outside of the UK. As part of QAA's work, we review the partnership arrangements that UK higher education institutions have made with organisations in other countries to deliver UK programmes.
In 2010, QAA undertook a review of how academic standards of UK higher education awards delivered in Malaysia are being maintained. We have published individual reports for the 10 institutions that were audited. In addition, we have published case studies on particular aspects of six institutions' partnerships.
The overview report gives a description of higher education in Malaysia at the time of the audit, in order to provide a better understanding of the context in which the various collaborative arrangements are operating. It also provides analysis of the activity of UK universities based on survey results obtained before the audit.
- University of Abertay Dundee and Systematic Educational Group International (SEGi), Malaysia (237KB)
- Anglia Ruskin University and Limkokwing University of Creative Technology (PDF, 210KB)
- University of Bolton and Supply Chain Management Professional Centre, Malaysia (PDF, 275KB)
- Heriot-Watt University and Imperia Institute of Technology, Malaysia (PDF, 394KB)
- University College Plymouth St Mark & St John and Malaysian Ministry of Education (PDF 205KB)
- University of Reading and Taylor's University College, Malaysia (PDF 274KB)
- Sheffield Hallam University and KBU International College, Malaysia (PDF, 263KB)
- University of Sunderland and Systematic Educational Group International (SEGi), Malaysia (PDF 253KB)
- University of Wales and Fazley International College (PDF, 119KB) | Prifysgol Cymru a Choleg Rhyngwladol Fazley (PDF 119KB)
- University of the West of England, Bristol and Brickfields Asia College, Malaysia (PDF, 247 KB)
UK collaboration in Malaysia: institutional case studies
- University of Lancaster and Sunway University College, Malaysia (PDF, 100KB)
- University of Strathclyde and the International Medical University, Malaysia (PDF, 97KB)
- University of Newcastle and Newcastle University Medicine Malaysia, NUMed (PDF, 85KB)
- Imperial College London: Malaysia-Imperial Doctoral Programme (PDF, 79KB)
- University of Nottingham Malaysia Campus (PDF, 102KB)
- Keele University and KDU College, Malaysia (PDF, 100KB)
Back to Review of Overseas Provision