We are involved in a variety of interesting and current research projects. A full chronological list of published research is available.
Our work cover a range of areas, including:
- the transition experiences of entrants to higher education from increasingly diverse prior educational experiences
- the role of student satisfaction data in quality assurance and enhancement
- what students expect from their higher education experience, how they perceive it, and how they participate in quality management
- further education colleges and how they develop a higher education ethos
- external examiners and how they understand and use the concept of 'academic standards'.
QAA staff also undertake their own research and analysis, which is presented at external conferences and published as papers on our website.
Spotlight page brings together a variety of resources on a particular topic of interest. It includes contributions from a number of external resources, as well as our own research, case studies and event materials.
The latest Spotlight is on
Digital Literacies and, in particular, how the higher education sector keeps up with the demands of the new generation of digitally-savvy students.