About this event
Focus On projects cover topics that occur frequently in
Enhancement-led Institution Review outcomes (either as areas for development or good practice). All higher education institutions in the Scottish university sector work collectively to promote policy and practice around these topics.
This event will showcase the outcomes of this year's Focus On project on the Postgraduate Research Student Experience and will cover the four project strands:
- training and support for postgraduate students who teach
- support for staff who supervise research students
- building a research community for postgraduate research students
- student representation for postgraduate research students.
As well as contributions from sector colleagues about policy and practice on a range of issues contributing to the Postgraduate Research Student Experience, delegates will have the opportunity to hear from Focus On project teams working on:
- the new Statement of Expectations for Postgraduate Students Who Teach
- a project on what 'research community' means and how we can best provide a sense of community to our postgraduate research students to enhance their experience of postgraduate study
- the new film What I Wish I'd Known When I Started Teaching.
More information is available on the
Enhancement Themes website (opens in new window).
Who should attend
This event will be of interest to postgraduate students, and policy makers and staff involved in working with postgraduate students.
To register for this event, please visit our registration site (opens in new window).