About the event
In March, QAA will be hosting the annual Alternative Providers' Enhancement Conference. The Conference aims to:
- update providers on the outcomes and evaluation of the review process
- enable providers to discuss the effective use of data
- share information on changes and opportunities within the higher education sector, such as the
Teaching Excellence Framework and Degree Apprenticeships
- enable providers to discuss the effective management of complaints.
Who should attend
All alternative providers reviewed by QAA are eligible to attend the Conference. Members of an awarding body/organisation
that works closely with alternative providers may also attend. Up to
three free places are available for eligible providers, which should include a student representative. Numbers are limited, so registration will be on a first-come, first-served basis, with a waiting list for additional numbers.
Following a keynote address there will be a presentation of the outcomes and evaluation of reviews and annual monitoring visits. The morning session will finish with workshops on:
- the Teaching Excellence Framework
- complaints in higher education and the role of the OIA
- Degree Apprenticeships
- Using data effectively.
These workshops will be repeated in the afternoon session, following a keynote address on potential developments in higher education. There is an opportunity for provider sub-groups to arrange their own meetings at the end of the conference.
To book your place, please visit our
registration site (opens in new window).