What is Concepts of Quality?
This online training course provides key information about how and why we have quality in higher education. It is deliberately short, approximately 60 minutes, and delivered in a way that is designed to aid retention of the information.
We plan for this to be the first course in a professional development programme on quality in higher education.
Who is it for?
You might find this course useful if you:
- are new to working in higher education
- have been given a quality related to task in your role
- work with an organisation that is closely linked to higher education, such as a Professional, Statutory and Regulatory Body or Government body
- have an interest in quality in higher education
- are looking to work with a higher education provider that has quality assurance processes
- are a partner of a higher education provider, either in-country or an overseas partner
- are part of a students union or association or student liaison team responsible for recruiting course or quality committee reps
- are looking to get degree awarding powers.
What are the benefits?
- Learn about the concepts behind quality in higher education.
- Refresh your knowledge of why we have quality in higher education.
- Embed a culture of quality within your organisation, ideal for induction.
- Find out the types of activities that can be quality assured in higher education.
- Learn about different methods of quality assurance regulation.
- Online course that can be taken anywhere that has an internet connection.
- Short course that delivers information in a user friendly way and can be taken on different platforms and devices.
- Certificate provided after successful completion.
What you will learn from this course:
- what quality assurance in higher education is
- why it is important
- who is responsible
- what quality in higher education is
- what we mean by self-assessment
- what we mean by external regulation
- different approaches to quality around the world
- terminology used when talking about quality assurance in higher education.
How to access the course