College Higher Education Toolkit
UK higher education is diverse and there are many different approaches to meeting the Expectations. Further education college providers typically specialise in more vocational programmes, and this will necessarily be reflected in their approach.
To help colleges make the best use of the Quality Code, we have developed the College Higher Education Toolkit: Engaging with the UK Quality Code for Higher Education (116 pages). The toolkit has been developed with staff in colleges and representative organisations.
The toolkit includes 'Have you considered?' sections, offering prompts for particular consideration; illustrative case studies; and additional resources; together with
guidance on using the Quality Code in relation to:
- governance and management
- academic standards
- quality of learning opportunities
- enhancement of learning opportunities
- creating a higher education ethos
- student engagement
- supporting higher education students
- monitoring and review
- Higher Education Review (the specific review method used by QAA for external quality assurance).