|Features of good practice
||Recommendations for action
The audit team identified the following areas as being good practice:
- the enhancement undertaken of the institution's revalidation and quality and standards review processes by the involvement of recent graduates in the former, and existing students in the latter
- staff development activities available inhouse and the opportunities provided for personal development
- the seamless way in which the College's intranet system provides a virtual learning environment and information about all aspects of the College's management and governance arrangements.
UCC is advised to:
- keep under review its school level committee structures and, in particular, monitor the volume of work undertaken by school boards of studies so as to enable them to properly discharge their quality assurance responsibilities and functions
- continue to keep its system of annual monitoring under review so that the College can be assured that it is receiving relevant and appropriate information to enable it to discharge its responsibility for the quality of the student learning experience and the standards of its awards
- continue to develop its management information system, and associated staff development activity, to enable staff to make optimum use of relevant data for comprehensive and well-informed evaluation, at both module and programme levels.
The team also recommends that it would be desirable for UCC to:
- establish a core minimum content requirement for the evaluation of modules to provide the College with data which will enable it to ensure comparability of the student experience.