Chaucer College Canterbury
|Features of good practice
||Recommendations for action
The team has identified the following good practice:
- the effective academic and pastoral support
- the innovative approach to language support facilitated by the employment of residential conversation tutors.
The team considers that it is desirable for the provider to:
- support staff to engage with the Academic Infrastructure and relevant external reference points to inform teaching
- improve assessment feedback to more clearly reflect intended learning outcomes, grade descriptors and marking criteria
- consider the process for sharing external examiners and marking moderators reports with the University to more fully support effective oversight of assessment
- formalise a framework for staff development that captures the needs of both the individual and the College
- make the pre-enrolment oral guidance on pedagogic and cultural differences between the UK and Japan available on the College website.