Review for Educational Oversight: American InterContinental University, London, April 2012
American InterContinental University, London
|Features of good practice
||Recommendations for action
The team has identified the following good practice:
- effective working partnerships with awarding bodies
- the use of UK and US external reference points in the management of academic standards
- staff commitment to students' academic and pastoral support.
The team considers that it is advisable for the provider to:
- ensure that second marking and moderation assessment procedures are consistently applied across all higher education programmes.
The team considers that it would be desirable for the provider to:
- continue to develop a formal and explicit mapping process to manage the benchmarking of all UK and US programmes
- monitor actions resulting from formal meetings to assist these in being taken to a successful conclusion
- develop a formal mechanism to compare and contrast the student experience across all programmes
- evaluate the impact of staff development on the students' learning experience.