We are an independent body; a registered charity and a company limited by guarantee.
Read our Articles of Association
QAA is funded through a number of channels:
- subscriptions from higher education providers (all publicly funded higher education providers in the UK subscribe to QAA and pay an annual fee, as do some that are not publicly funded.
- contracts and agreements with the UK funding councils and organisations to which QAA reports annually
- providers of higher education seeking educational oversight for immigration purposes (as required by UK Border Agency), pay a fee to be reviewed by a QAA team as well an annual maintenance charge
- contracts with the General Osteopathic Council (GOsC) and the Teaching Agency for Early Years Professional Status (EYPS)
- additional private contracts, consultancy and business development work in the UK and internationally
We are governed by our Board and managed by our Directorate. The Board is responsible for policy development, for the conduct of our finances, and for monitoring our performance against agreed targets at a corporate level. The Directorate is our senior executive team, responsible for the management of our organisation and for ensuring that we are on target to achieve our strategic aims for 2011-14.
To help us achieve our mission and strategic aims we have set up agreements with a number of other organisations. While we operate independently of them, it is mutually beneficial to work with them on certain projects or in certain circumstances.
We are committed to working professionally according to approved external standards.
Minutes of Board meetings can be viewed here.
Directors' reports give an overview of our activities.